Return to Nursing CAP
Return To Nursing/Competency Assessment Programme (CAP)
Waitematā DHB is an accredited provider of the New Zealand Nursing Council's Competency Assessment Programme. This programme is for Nursing Council approved applicants seeking to obtain New Zealand nursing registration.
It is aimed at nurses who already hold Nursing Council of New Zealand registration and a previous APC and is seeking to return to practice, and who also has been out of nursing practice for five years or more.
The programme is offered once a year - starting in May.
Cost: Programme NZ $500
WDHB Health Screening NZ$100
How long is the CAP programme? 8-12 weeks
The theoretical component is delivered during study days
- The study days are in the form of informational evidence-based sessions, workshops and skill stations based on the course content as outlined.
- Clinical issues and questions are facilitated in the weekly study days or in discussion with the Nurse Consultant – Nursing Workforce Development and with the Nurse Educator for the area.
Clinical Learning: Hours
The participants must undertake a minimum of 200 clinical hours
- Minimum requirement is 3 clinical days per week, allowing for the course to be easily completed in 8 weeks and to ensure the course is completed within 12 weeks as required by NCNZ.
To meet the criteria for the programme:
- You must have not less than one years experience as a Registered Nurse and should have been out of practice less than 12 years (in preference although each application is taken on merit)
- Successfully complete health screening and criminal vetting processes
Applications for the May 2020 intake
- open 7th October 2019
- close 12th February 2020
No applications will be accepted prior to this date
- Proof of Identification (Photo Identification – certified)
- Passport (resident or non-resident) or
- Birth certificate (if born in New Zealand)
with New Zealand drivers license.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
For more information please contact
Jacquelyn Finch – Nursing Development - Jacquelyn.email@example.com Or call her on 021 241 9510.
Apply online to wdhbcareers.com: Job number NOR06466