HWNZ (CTA) Hauora Maori Funding
HWNZ (CTA) Hauora Mãori Funding
We are pleased to invite Māori health workers to apply for scholarship support funding to undertake training. This funding support is from Health Workforce NZ (HWNZ—formerly CTA) and can be used by Māori health workers to enrol on an accredited course, covering tuition costs, some relief staff hours, cultural support, mentoring, travel and accommodation, where applicable.
To be eligible for funding, each trainee shall:
- be either a volunteer (that must work at least 10 hours per week at a DHB or Ministry funded and disability service), or a current employee of a DHB health and disability service, or a health and disability service, Primary Health Organisation (PHO) or a health and disability service that is funded by the DHB or the Ministry of Health.
- have Māori whakapapa and/or proven cultural links with Te Ao Māori and Māori Communities.
- be approved and supported by the employer to undertake and complete the qualification(s).
- demonstrate a commitment to and/or competence in Māori health and/or disability studies
- be a New Zealand citizen or hold New Zealand permanent resident status conferred by the New Zealand Immigration Service.
- meet the entry criteria required by the training provider.
Trainees are NOT eligible for funding, if:
- They receive scholarships or other funding from the Ministry of Health that covers any of the same components of this specification.
- will be funded on a pro-rata basis, where the trainee meets all other eligibility criteria. The minimum employment full-time equivalent (FTE) of trainees is 0.25.
Eligible courses are a Certificate or Diploma at Level 2 to Level 7 on the NZQA framework in a health or health management related area of study.
For a full list of suggested courses, please click on this weblink.
Please fill out the attached form.
For more information, or if you have any queries, please contact:
Te Aniwa Tutara
He Kamaka Waiora
Māori Health | Planning and Funding
Te Whatu Ora Waitematā & Auckland Districts
022 378 1397