Waitemata District Health Board
Be Connected with your community
Be part of an organisation where Everyone Matters
Progress your Career
Waitematā District Health Board has places available on our Health Scholarship Programme. If you are due to complete your study towards becoming a health professional within the next 12-18 months please consider joining us at Waitematā District Health Board, on the Health Scholarship Programme.
The Programme supports Māori and Pacific students from the Waitematā region (North Shore City, Waitakere City and Rodney District) to undertake health-specific tertiary study with an accredited New Zealand education provider. In return for support with your tuition fees, networking opportunities and an offer of employment upon successful completion of your training. We ask that our scholarship recipients agree to work with us for a minimum of 2 years post graduation.
Scholarships are provided to help us better reflect the population we serve and as such, are only available to residents from Māori and/or indigenous Pacific ethnic backgrounds.
For 2019 priority will be given to students from the following disciplines:
Speech Language Therapy
Oral Health Therapy
Candidates currently studying towards these professions are invited to register their interest through www.wdhbcareers.com
Expressions of interest open from 31 May 2019 until 25 July 2019 (11.59pm deadline).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to provide 2 character references and attend an interview at North Shore Hospital.
The key eligibility criteria for applications are:
- New Zealand citizenship and/or permanent residency
- Māori and/or Pacific ethnicity
- Demonstrated ability to meet the academic requirements if your chosen programme
- Financial need
- Ability to demonstrate community involvement
- A commitment to working in the Waitematā region
- Please ensure that you have read the Scholarship Application Guide, available here before proceeding.
- Answer all questions to the best of your ability on the online submission for
- Upload a copy of your CV
- Upload a cover letter outlining your reasons for choosing your course of study and why a scholarship with Waitematā is important to you
- Please make sure your contact details are correct and tha tyou check your voicemail. If you are successful in reaching interview stage we will contact your by phone to arrange a time.