Waitemata District Health Board
Waitemata District Health Board has the largest– and second fastest growing – population among all district health boards in New Zealand. We offer a wide range of services as well as a teaching facility with a well-established and highly respected research programme.
We are seeking an enthusiastic qualified Cardiac Physiologist to join our rapidly developing Cardiac Physiology department. We are an enthusiastic team focused on contributing positively to the future of Cardiology.
Why work for us?
· 6 months Free Health Cover (must apply within 4 weeks of starting)
· In-House Career Development Service to support you in developing your career
· On-going professional development - certification and workplace training
· Free Flu Vaccinations
· Flexibility in work options to suit lifestyle in various departments
As a Cardiac Physiologist at WDHB, you will be part of a busy, integrated, flexible team and expected to maintain skills in all areas. The procedures you may be involved with include:
- ECGs, Holter/Event/ABU monitor fitting and analysis
- Spirometry (inpatients only)
- Exercise Treadmill testing including. Some procedures are Physiologist led.
- Cardiac Catheterisation Angiograms, PCI and Right Heart Studies.
- Pacemaker/ ICD implants and follow up (experience not essential).
- Training and supervision of Cardiac Physiology students
You will also need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an understanding of relevant technology and be willing to work as part of a team.
Our ideal candidate:
- Registered as a Cardiac Physiologist with the Clinical Physiologists Registration Board
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a qualified physiologist
For further information, please contact Liane Dawson, Team Leader Cardiac Physiology on 09 486 8900 ext. 43316 email@example.com
Or Linda Flay, Operations Manager, Cardiology on firstname.lastname@example.org
For assistance with you application, please email Melissa Kinghan: email@example.com
To Apply please click here
Closing date: 16 October, 2018
Job Number: NOR03211
“We provide care to diverse communities and are committed to achieving health equity and oranga for our Maori and Pacific communities. We are working hard to support and develop a workforce equipped to deliver “brilliant”,” compassionate” and “connected” care to the people in our communities. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability, who share and are committed to living our values. If this is you, apply now and join us at Waitemata DHB, where “everyone matters” staff, patients, our community”
|Shift type:||Monday - Friday|