Physiotherapist - Permanent , Full Time
Rotational Physiotherapist 1.0 FTE (40 hours / week)
Medicine & Health of Older People
Waitematā District Health Board
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic registered/qualified rotational physiotherapist to join our highly skilled and dedicated team within our physiotherapy department at Waitematā District Health Board. This is a full time role working across our inpatient and outpatient teams at North Shore and Waitakere Hospital as well as the Wilson Centre.
Waitematā DHB provides a great opportunity to start to your physiotherapy career in a fast paced, fun and supportive learning environment. If you love the outdoors, close access to beaches, cafés, parks and transport links, then Waitematā DHB is the ideal working location.
Waitematā is leading the way in the Northern Region for clinical digital innovation with electronic patient notes, e-prescribing and e-vitals and strong links with our community and outpatient services.
Key requirements of this role:
- Successful candidates will be able to work effectively and pro-actively to provide client centred care and assessment within the rotational programme.
- NZ registration with current APC
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
Within this role you will receive:
- Opportunity to develop core physiotherapy skills through a rotational programme
- Excellent support from clinical coaches, and senior clinicians in all areas of practice
- Support for development and growth clinically and professional through personal objectives.
- A hardworking, supportive yet fun environment with a great team of experienced clinicians
- In-house career development with regular in-services, training and education opportunities
- Networking with allied health clinical leaders, senior, staff grade and rotational clinicians across the organisation.
- Regular monthly supervision
- Credentialing for weekend work: required to work 3 weekend days/3 month roster
This programme gives you the opportunity to participate in a wide range of clinical settings to further develop your under graduate skills and competencies in physiotherapy assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and discharge planning.
We offer a two tier rotational scheme within Waitematā DHB at three sites across the DHB.
Core 1 rotational positions are 4 months long and offer experience in:
- Acute medical
- Acute surgical
- Acute trauma and elective orthopaedic
- Elective Surgery Centre
- Older Adult Assessment Treatment & Rehabilitation (AT&R)
Core 2 rotational positions are 8 months long and in addition to the above also offer experience in:
- Acute stroke unit
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Paediatric rehabilitation at the Wilson Centre (the national paediatric rehabilitation provider).
Waitematā DHB strives to provide “best care for everyone”. This means believing in and working according to our organisations values of “everyone matters”, “with compassion”, “connected” and “better, best, and brilliant”. Apply now and join Waitematā DHB to make a positive difference
To view a position decription click here
Pleas apply on-line at www.wdhbcareers.com
For further information please contact Nelmari Swanepoel, Physiotherapy Clinical Lead at Nelmari.firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex Denning-Kemp, Clinical Leader at Alexandra.Denning-Kemp@waitematadhb.govt.nz
Job code: WDHB14591
Closing date: 16 August 2022